Bring the taste of Hawaii to the dinner plate with this Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi. Bursting with flavor, a combination of both sweet and sour tastes are abundant. The 30 minute prep time includes 20 minutes to marinate the fish, this recipe is a snap to make and so delicious. You and your family are sure to love it!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola/light flavored oil
- In a shallow glass dish, stir together the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and olive oil. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper, and place them into the dish. If the fillets have skin on them, place them skin side down. Cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Heat canola/light flavored oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish from the dish, and reserve marinade. Saute fish for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, turning only once, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fillets to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour reserved marinade into the skillet, and heat over medium heat until the mixture reduces to a glaze consistently. Spoon glaze over fish, and serve immediately.